Thursday 29 October 2020
More secrecy and hypocrisy from Labor
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) annual report, released on Daniel Andrews’ “dump day” has exposed the utter hypocrisy of Labor’s health department.
On the same day that the hotel quarantine inquiry announces it will extend the inquiry until December 21, just four days before Christmas, DHHS trumpeted it’s alleged values, stating:
We have integrity
- We are trustworthy, and do what we say what we will do
We are accountable
- We ensure that our decisions and actions are evidence based and outcome focused.
- We are careful about and transparent in how we use public resources
This is despite the hotel inquiry stating:
- “this unfortunate delay is due to the provision of additional material which occurred after the conclusion of closing submissions on 28 September 2020, as detailed at the extraordinary sitting on October 2020”, and,
- “As a result of this additional material, the Board has issued several further notices to produce and requests for affidavits. Several documents and affidavits are presently outstanding and may lead to further enquiries.”
Daniel Andrews and his ministers have attempted to cover-up their incompetence by hiding information and feigning amnesia when giving evidence.
Victorians deserve the truth, not the continual cover-ups they continue to get from Labor.
Comments attributable to Shadow Minister for Health, Georgie Crozier:
“The utter hypocrisy of Labor has been laid bare, they’re not interested in the truth.
“Victorians deserve the truth, not empty words in an annual report.
“Too many Victorians have tragically lost their lives for Daniel Andrews to continue to cover-up who caused Victoria’s deadly second wave.”